Alice Muzira, an experienced Solicitor specialises in immigration and asylum law having practiced in this area of law for over 13 years. Alice has been awarded the Law Society Accreditation as an Immigration and Asylum Level 3 Advanced Caseworker with Supervisor status, one of very few solicitors in the UK to reach this level.
Alice has successfully represented clients before the Asylum and Immigration Tribunal where she has extensive experience. Alice has conducted judicial review cases at the highest level for a number of years and has had conduct of test cases in the High Court and Court of Appeal. Alice also handles Supreme Court and ECHR cases. Alice also regularly provides training and guidance to supervisees.
Alice also regularly settles grounds for applications for permission to appeal to the First Tier and Upper Tier Tribunal. Alice further prepares grounds of claim for judicial review and injuctive applications to prevent intended removals.
Alice has been instructed in several high profile cases in recent years, some of which are mentioned below. Alice has also developed her practice focusing on Public Law cases involving Judicial Review, unlawful detention cases and matters before the High Court and Court of Appeal.
Notable Cases that Alice has worked on and had conduct over the years include:
(2) The Queen on the application of Thompson (2007) EWHC 107 (Admin)
(3) RC (Nigeria) v Secretary of State for the Home Department (2007) EWCA Civ 549
(4) ND (Guinea) v SSHD 2008 EWCA Civ 458
(5) Hassan Abdi & Others v SSHD 2008 EWHC 3166 (Admin)
(6) R (S) v Secretary of State for the Home Office; R (Q) v Secretary of State for the Home Office; R (H) v Secretary of State for the Home Office  EWHC 977 (Admin)
(7) The Queen on the application of “S”, “H”, & “Q” (Appellants) 2009 EWCA Civ 142
(8) Abdul Wahid Nasire v SSHD  EWHC 3359 (Admin)
(9) R (on the application of Miguel Nesta Cover) v Secretary of State for the Home Department IJR  UKUT 376 (IAC)