Depending on your circumstances, you may be in a position to apply for indefinite leave to remain now or much sooner if the following, amongst other issues, apply:
- you currently hold limited leave to remain in the UK (regardless of when it was granted)
- as a result of that leave, you are currently on the 10year route to settlement
- overall, you had already accrued significant periods of residence in the UK prior to the grant of leave to remain
It is the nature of that prior significant residence over the years that requires exploration.
For those eligible, there are several possible advantages:
- Ability to apply for indefinite leave to remain much sooner than the end of the relevant 10years set out in the particular route which led to the current period of leave
- Grant of indefinite leave to remain
- Obviate the need to continue paying exorbitant Home Office application fees at repeated intervals
- Possibility of obtaining a grant of British citizenship sooner
To find out more, please call Alice Muzira, AurexLegal Solicitors on 07940772506(dedicated number) or email her on email@example.com
3 thoughts on “Currently on the 10year route to settlement but already with prior significant residence in the UK? You may be eligible now to apply for indefinite leave to remain”
Very useful. Thanks.
Pingback: How a previous long term overstayer bypassed the 10year route to settlement and obtained ILR under the 10year lawful residence Rule - UK Immigration Justice Watch Blog